cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

How can I configure the Compare tool to ignore non-ascii character encoding

stomlins
1-Newbie

How can I configure the Compare tool to ignore non-ascii character encoding

In Arbortext Editor you can select how to write non-ascii characters - either character entity references, numeric character references or characters.

If you are comparing a document that was saved using a different method for non-ascii characters the compare tool lights up like a christmas tree.

It would be nice to be able to configure the tolerance of the compare tool to ignore the difference of non-ascii characters that were written in different formats.

4 REPLIES 4
rdiaz
5-Regular Member
(To:stomlins)

Hey Sean,

This sounds like it might be a good candidate for an Idea request.

On the right side of the screen, when you're looking at the Arbortext Community home page, you should see an option to 'Create a Product Idea'. Depending on the response to that Idea, our Product Management team decides what new features to add to upcoming versions of the Editor. Thanks!

Hi Rafael

I don't seem to be allowed to submit an idea using the page you suggested.

"You are not allowed to create or update this content"

Cheers

Sean

rdiaz
5-Regular Member
(To:stomlins)

Sean, maybe try going from the main Arbortext Community page instead. This new interface may require a different approach.

On the Arbortext page, go to the Actions dropdown, and select it from there. See if that allows you to submit one:

community.png

stomlins
1-Newbie
(To:rdiaz)

It seems that I'm missing that option. I suspect it's some kind of permission issue.

missing.png

Top Tags