cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

How to add new page size to stylesheet?

bfriesen
16-Pearl

How to add new page size to stylesheet?

There is a request to add c-size drawings to our manuals. I would like to know how to add it to my style sheet.

This is what I have done so far

In styler:

1. Make a copy of the existing stylesheet.

2.  I go to Page Type, I locate the the foldout (11 X 17) that we currently have defined and I copy all the types and rename them to foldout2.

3. I then go to page set, locate the foldout page set, copy it and rename it foldout2 page set. In the page size I change the page size to C size. Under page types I change the page types to reference the new foldout2 page types.

4. Keep the page region the same

5. Click on the element foldout, copy and paste rename to foldout2. It states that this new element is not in my document type. I cannot figure out where this is. Is this my servicemanual.dtd? I have searched the file for the word foldout but it is not in there. I read through the adding new elements to your stylesheet article in the help, but it does not cover the error message a20377.

Thanks

Bryon

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Are you sure you want to add a new element <foldout2> ? Wouldn't it be better instead to use an attribute on the existing <foldout> element to trigger the different page size?

e.g.

<foldout>...</foldout> => usual 11x17 foldout

<foldout size="C">...</foldout> => new "C" size

I'm not saying to use the "size" attribute, you might find there is already a spare attribute you can use. This will avoid you having to change the DTD files.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Are you sure you want to add a new element <foldout2> ? Wouldn't it be better instead to use an attribute on the existing <foldout> element to trigger the different page size?

e.g.

<foldout>...</foldout> => usual 11x17 foldout

<foldout size="C">...</foldout> => new "C" size

I'm not saying to use the "size" attribute, you might find there is already a spare attribute you can use. This will avoid you having to change the DTD files.

Was not aware that was an option will try that instead. Thanks Gareth.

Bryon

This is working Gareth, a few final questions: Can you assign two values to outputclass, ie Duplex, csize or do I need to use two different attribute names? When it publishes the pdf, can I specify the pdf page orientation 22 in X 17 in or 17 in X 22 in. It is putting the information on the page correct, but the 22 in side is the vertical not the horizontal.

Thanks

Bryon

Ok thanks to PTC support, I needed to change the adobe print driver to be 22 x 17 instead of 17 x 22. and no you cannot have two entries in outputclass.

thanks

Bryon

Top Tags