cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

How to enable lists within tables when importing into Arbortext

rgrobler
1-Newbie

How to enable lists within tables when importing into Arbortext

I have developed an Import Map Template (MS Word to XML) which does not pick up any lists within tables from the source document. All other lists are correctly recognized. To remedy this issue, I set the "include lists" option in "initial preprocessing options" to true. This resulted in lists within tables being correctly recognized by the Map Template Editor, however when using the Map Template to import the Word file into Arbortext Editor, all lists now restart after every list item.

For example, where you would normally have 10 listitems within an bulleted list, there are now 10 bulleted lists with one listitem each. This error occurs in all lists. I've included screengrabs of how it looks in the source file pane, and then the results in Arbortext Editor. So in summary: For the Map Template to pick up lists within tables, I enabled "include lists". However, now all lists refuse to have more than one listitem.

Any advice on how to how to fix this would be greatly appreciated!

2 REPLIES 2

Have you gotten a resolution to this issue?

How have you coded the conversion of the lists inside the table entry?

Can you have only the first in the entry create the number list element and the rest create list items?

Also it appears that the blank lines are creating bulletedlist elements.

Can those be converted to para or listitem elements?

Has anyone else created Import Map templates?

Hi Tim,

Thank you for your reply!

Have you gotten a resolution to this issue? No, I'm still looking for a solution.

How have you coded the conversion of the lists inside the table entry? We are reusing the OOTB and all we did in this regard was rename map objects.

Can you have only the first in the entry create the number list element and the rest create list items? At present, after transformation we do not have a bullet/numberedlist with additional lists inside of it. We have multiple numbered/bulletlists, each with one listitem, (whereas obviously it should be one list with multiple listitems). We haven’t been able to get a closeopen sibling to create multiple listitems.

Also it appears that the blank lines are creating bulletedlist elements.

Can those be converted to para or listitem elements? I do not know how those blank line bulletedlist elements are being created. In the source file, it is correct...

Word_screengrab.png

Has anyone else created Import Map templates? As mentioned earlier, the person who started working on this template only renamed ‘out of the box’ map objects.

I’m attaching the map template (UnisaDocx2Publication.std), DTD and sample Word Document. If you could perhaps just take a look it would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Top Tags