cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

How to join adepters

LynnHales
1-Newbie

How to join adepters

Hey folks, I spent about 20 minutes on the PTC site looking for the sign up information for Adepters. I know I'm getting older, vision problems (NOT), memory lapses (no comment) and such, but I just could not find it.

I am trying to get the sign up information to a lady with a PE problem (or two or three) so she can get some good help with her problem.

So anyone who does have that info, please post it and cc the lady in my 'cc' address so she can get it too.

Many thanks.

Lynn
8 REPLIES 8

Hi Lynn and Christina,

It gets confusing because there are now actually two Arbortext forums.

1. Adepters (this list).

This is hosted by PTC/USER. To join this list you need to go to

2. PlanetPTC

This is hosted by PTC themselves, and seems to get a bit less traffic than Adepters. The upside is that sometimes a PTC employee will respond to questions. For this one you need to have a ptc.com account, then head to

I tried the link for PlanetPTC. When I click the "Register" button, it just links back to the current page. Can't see any other way to register.

Anyone notice the seemingly complete lack of participation by PTC on Adepters? I've heard that one of our biggest contributors, Paul Grosso, has left the fold.

Dave

I suspect the reason for that is that PTC has their own internal forums called PDSA (PDS Advisor) where all the PTC staff congregate.

.. and yes, it was a real shame to see PaulG leave after all the years, I hope they looked after him 🙂

-G

Here is a good list of Arbortext resources including the ones mentioned but
many more as well.

Paul,

Thank you so much, I do appreciate the link.

Lynn
---- Paul Nagai <-> wrote:
> Here is a good list of Arbortext resources including the ones mentioned but
> many more as well.
>
>

Dave,

The loss of Paul would be a major loss indeed. I can understand him leaving though. He was one of the original developer/owners of Adept back in the early 90's.

Hope your rumor is false, but...

Lynn
---- "Hintz wrote:
> I tried the link for PlanetPTC. When I click the "Register" button, it just links back to the current page. Can't see any other way to register.
>
> Anyone notice the seemingly complete lack of participation by PTC on Adepters? I've heard that one of our biggest contributors, Paul Grosso, has left the fold.
>
> Dave
>
lfraley
6-Contributor
(To:LynnHales)

Go to ptcuser.org and sign up.
Then choose the Adepters mailing list group and join it.

(At the bottom of adepters emails there's list info)

View post online:
>
byork
17-Peridot
(To:LynnHales)

Then to add just one more thing this is the link to join the Arbortext Technical Committee as well as many other Technical Committees.

Top Tags