cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

How to keep the phrase " 40°C (104° F) "together in APP Publish

Sriram_Rammohan
1-Newbie

How to keep the phrase " 40°C (104° F) "together in APP Publish

Dear Users,

I am using APP Publish and the phrase  " 40°C (104° F) should look as is in a single line in my PDF. But whats happening is 40°C is in previous line and (104° F)  appears in next line.

Example :

• The temperature for the equipment in a closed or multi audio rack assembly should not exceed 40°C (104°

F).

How to fix this , so that meaning full word like degree stays together .

Regards,

Sriram Rammohan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

If you are using Editor/Styler/PE then you will need to have XML tagging surrounding that range of text. You can then style the XML tagging to force the characters to "keep together". I'm not sure if the keep-together commands are in Styler or if they need an APP source edit.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

If you are using Editor/Styler/PE then you will need to have XML tagging surrounding that range of text. You can then style the XML tagging to force the characters to "keep together". I'm not sure if the keep-together commands are in Styler or if they need an APP source edit.

Does that means , we need to create a xml tag explicitly for this purpose or are there tags available in system to handle scenario like this. pls advice

I'm not sure what tags you have available in your DTD/Schema. Is it DITA? There may also be a way to insert processing instructions into the file to control this behaviour, but I don't have Editor running in front of me at the moment.

Top Tags