cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

How to set up the paragraph inside borders?

lxie1
1-Newbie

Dear all,

Nearly every paragraphs, and each paragraph may have many different images...

for example:

ptc_1114_4.jpg

the only method I think is add a table...

but when you add a table, maybe there are many restriction for the edit and the style control.

Your assistance will be highly appreciated in this regard.

Thanking you

Lorin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Styler does not have boxing support. I understand that feature may be coming in a future release. Right now you have to used edited source to add the borders (boxing). For FOSI there is a simple method to edit the source and add a <boxing> element. For APP you can either use paragraph rules, or add a block around each paragraph. Either way you will need to know edited source and be able to apply it to all elements/contexts that require boxing. It is recommended to use a Styler property set for the boxing overrides.

BTW while I think you could make borders by adding tables everywhere that will no doubt cause a drastic slow-down and a lot of other issues and side effects.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Styler does not have boxing support. I understand that feature may be coming in a future release. Right now you have to used edited source to add the borders (boxing). For FOSI there is a simple method to edit the source and add a <boxing> element. For APP you can either use paragraph rules, or add a block around each paragraph. Either way you will need to know edited source and be able to apply it to all elements/contexts that require boxing. It is recommended to use a Styler property set for the boxing overrides.

BTW while I think you could make borders by adding tables everywhere that will no doubt cause a drastic slow-down and a lot of other issues and side effects.

Thank you Gareth, I'm now strating for the style and CMS, and didn't have a systemic study...

I'm sure your reply gave me a forward direction, thanks again!!!

Top Tags