cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

IGES import

MilosP
1-Newbie

IGES import

Hello,

pardon my inexperience. I have very simple question. I can open IGES file from File>Open menu.

BUT if I open the IGES file by doublecliking it, the IsoDraw program opens blank document with nothing imported.

Anybody has an idea what it could be? Users require import of igs by doubleclicking the file.

Thank you for any response.

Milos

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
VladimirN
24-Ruby II
(To:MilosP)

I can recommend you the following:

1. Install the latest service release of Arbortext IsoDraw 7.3 M031.

2. Report about your issue to PTC's technical support ("Create a New Support Case"): https://support.ptc.com/apps/case_logger_viewer/auth/ssl/log

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
VladimirN
24-Ruby II

You need to set an association with the IGES file for Arbortext IsoDraw. Right-click on the file: "Open with" -> "Arbortext IsoDraw" (you will need to specify on the application by selecting the path to the executable file: for example, "C:\Program Files\PTC\Arbortext IsoDraw 7.3\Program\IsoDraw73.exe") -> "Always use the selected program to open these files".

Thank you for your reply.

Well that is what I have. The program will start but does nothing. New document is created (e.g Untitled-1 but nothing is imported and no import dialog opened.

IGES.JPG

However if I go to File>Open and select the igs file it is imported - with or without the dialog window based on the IGES Import preferences.

VladimirN
24-Ruby II

Try to test it file from attachment ("Part.igs"). It works fine for me (using the procedure described by me above).

Hello Vladimir,

thanks for your effort. Unfortunatelly it still opens as a blank document. I wonder how the registry looks on a working installation.

Thanks,

Milos

MilosP
1-Newbie

Seems like nobody has this problem, but it really is annoying that everything is setup as it suppose to be and IsoDraw is still opening blank document instead of importing. Import from file menu works fine, file association is setup the same way as VladimirN is describing. Anyone?

VladimirN
24-Ruby II

I can recommend you the following:

1. Install the latest service release of Arbortext IsoDraw 7.3 M031.

2. Report about your issue to PTC's technical support ("Create a New Support Case"): https://support.ptc.com/apps/case_logger_viewer/auth/ssl/log

MilosP
1-Newbie

Well the ticket was open with PTC Support to resolve the issue and we have not heard back.

How to edit these types of drawings can't view the plances
Top Tags