cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

If I edit multiple files outside of Arbortext and then open in Arbotext I get extra line feeds and tables don't display why?

epichelp
6-Contributor

If I edit multiple files outside of Arbortext and then open in Arbotext I get extra line feeds and tables don't display why?

I did a search and replace in multiple files in a text editor then when I opened the files in Arbortext I see line feeds after all of my elements and my tables will no longer display correctly is why this happening.?

3 REPLIES 3

It appears that the document has context errors, and/or the document is using the default stylesheet, rather than stylesheet written for the document type

A text editor doesn't distinguish between tags, attributes, PIs etc. and text, so you can easily invalidate markup. Could've been a table tag in this case.

Also need to check text editor Save encoding and line break options.

You may also want to check the doctype. I know we've had issues were someone tried editing outside of Arbortext and messed the doctype up so that when it was pulled back in Arbortext couldn't resolve to the correct DTD.

Top Tags