cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

In the Layers Window in IsoDraw CADprocess 7.3, how do I display a list of entities, such as curves, text, etc., that reside on each layer?

smurphy-4
3-Visitor

In the Layers Window in IsoDraw CADprocess 7.3, how do I display a list of entities, such as curves, text, etc., that reside on each layer?

layers.jpg

5 REPLIES 5

You need to open the objects layer also.

Bryon

Thank you Bryon for your quick response. I really appreciate it.

I have another question. When I view the Objects window, I noticed that most of my elements aren't listed. Only elements that are grouped together are displayed as Group.

None of my elements have names. Is there a way to have elements automatically named?

Thank you!

objectwin1.jpgobject.jpg

I think it depends on the information in the imported file. We use solid edge to convert the file to a jt. Then we use the place command in IsoDraw to import the file. It seems to keep all the part numbers doing it this way.

Bryon

part numbers.jpg

Thank you Bryon.

I will try other methods of importing graphics to see if that makes a difference. The 3D CAD model is in NX10 (Unigraphics) and a dxf file was exported from a 2D view from the drawing. I opened the dxf file with IsoDraw and copy/pasted it into my IsoDraw file.  Apparently, this method does not bring any associated information with it. I have not had much experience with manipulating the 3D CAD model in IsoDraw, but I am in the process of learning how that works along with creating exploded views in IsoDraw from the CAD model. Currently, I am creating my exploded views in NX10 and exporting the 2D dxf into IsoDraw.

Thanks again for your help!

-Sally

The PTC university for IsoDraw is pretty good for getting the hang of the program. Also make sure to place your files onto the IsoDraw file. this will maintain a link to the original file. If it updates then your illustration should update also.

Bryon

Top Tags