cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Indexing Error in Styler 6.0

JeffStevenson
2-Guest

Indexing Error in Styler 6.0

Hello all,

I've searched the forums for this issue and haven't found anything that matches my problem.

I'm upgrading from 5.4 M080 to 6.0. I'm currently testing with 6.0 M020. I have an index generated at the end of my file in Editor. My engine is FOSI.

In my output PDF, I've lost all of the columns in my index. The entries are there, but they come out in a single string instead of 2 columns. Also, in Editor, the entries used to be in a single column and are also in a single string (line).

I've looked at the release notes and I don't see where anything may have been changed with this functionality so I'm feeling like a bit lost. All-in-all, the upgrade has been very smooth aside from this issue.

When I preview from Styler, I get the following error on all of the psuedo index tags. If anyone has any guidance on this issue, it is much appreciated!

[A12552] WARNING (indexing): No e-i-c found in FOSI for pseudo-tag "ixalphagrp*", used in final index. Index formatting may be affected.

3 REPLIES 3

Update to this...

I found the error I posted in the FOSI docs for 6.0. I've tried adding style definitions for the elements that the error is citing, but it is not having an effect. The index has context source so I attempted to add the tags there and also no change.

Where can I add definitions for these pseudo-tags?

I have no special insight into your particular problem. However, while upgrading from 5.2 to 6.0 we discovered (so far) two bugs in 6.0 that adversely affect the performance of Editor and Print Composer. I would not be surprised to find out that you have discovered yet another 6.0 bug.

I was able to add the psuedo tags in FOSI and affect the formatting. Adding these psuedo tags wasn't necessary in 5.3 or 5.4. It seems like an unnecessary requirement. They should be optional overrides in cases of more detailed formatting requirements.

In Reply to Ed Benton:

I have no special insight into your particular problem. However, while upgrading from 5.2 to 6.0 we discovered (so far) two bugs in 6.0 that adversely affect the performance of Editor and Print Composer. I would not be surprised to find out that you have discovered yet another 6.0 bug.
Announcements

Top Tags