cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Insert superseded by in IPL

ptc-4620535
1-Newbie

Insert superseded by in IPL

Hi!

This might be a stupid and simple question, but I can't seem to find the answer to it by myself. I want to insert "SUPERSEDED BY" in the IPL, but the program doesn't give me the option when I place the cursor behind the element where I want to place the markup, it doesn't give me the option to mark as supersede. I have tried behind several places in the idemdata, where I suppose that I should place it.

I would really appreciate some help on this question. If somebody has a good advice on where to find answers to questions like this one in the future, I would be grateful as well.

Thanks in advance!

Monica

7 REPLIES 7

What DTD are you working with?

DTD Reference : ATA-TEXT//DTD CMM-VER5-LEVEL2 -->

<!-- DTD Version : 5 -->

<!-- DTD Level : 2 -->

<!-- Rev Date : 04 Dec 2001

Never worked with this one. It would all depend on what is in your DTD. If it is not letting you in Arbortext insert the Superseded by then you must not have that element as an option within the DTD.

Ok, that doesn't look good. I believe that I can add superseded by at some other point though, but not in the IPL, where I need it. Can I change the DTD or can I get another DTD?

Sorry for these probably basic questions.

Somehow I must have got the hands of an old version of the DTD, because now I open it and it says:

DTD Reference : ATA-TEXT//DTD CMM-VER10-LEVEL2 -->

<!-- DTD Level : 2 -->

<!-- Rev Date : 17 Feb 2008 -->

<!-- Parsed Date : 17 Feb 2008

I still have the same problem though, that I can't insert "superseded by" in the IPL

Hi,

You must use the SD tag. The text "superseded by" must be generated by your stylesheet or your FOSI.

Thanks, I got it now - we used the old DTD and therefore we couldn't insert it. Then we had to change the macro that we use for inserting our IPL and then it worked.

Top Tags