cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Inserting filename of image

ptc-5095340
1-Newbie

Inserting filename of image

I'm starting to study ArborText and I have a few questions. I converted fos-file (Arbortext Epic) to style-file (Arbortext 6.0) and lost some element. I need to insert name of the img file into border of picture. Please, help me!

Untitled-1.jpg

5 REPLIES 5

This is what we use it places our number on the RH side.

Define h As Integer

Define w As Integer

w = activeDoc.window.pageX-2

h = 2

#Message "The height is " + h

#Message "The width is " + w

#Added below command to ensure number is placed on the Illustation number layer

ACTIVATE LAYER "Illustration Number"

Select none

Text Align Left

Text font 'Arial'

Text size 6

Create Text w h stripext(activeDoc.name)

Rotate selection w h 90

Bryon

Thanks you for answer! I'm sorry, but I am still a novice with Arbortext. I understand that it is some sort of script, but I don't know where I must insert it.

Sorry should have been more descriptive, the scipt is a macro. If you go to macro, record macro. It will allow you to record your actions in IsoDraw. When you save it, it will now allow you to repeat the exact same function over and over again. If you copy the script and open notepad, then save it, then rename it to an .ism file. Copy the file and paste it here C:\Program Files (x86)\PTC\Arbortext IsoDraw 7.3\Program\Macros. When you launch IsoDraw it should show up in the list under macros. It will probably not work right as our template has an illustration number layer. IF you record a macro from scratch it will be saved here C:\Users\XXXXXX\AppData\Roaming\PTC\IsoDraw\Macros

Bryon

Ok. Now I have understood, but I have another problem. I have a project for Arbortext 4 version. I lost some blue filename fields after automatic convertation *.fos to *.style and I would like to restore it.

1.jpg

Thanks. I have solved the problem myself.

Top Tags