cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Installing DTD and FOSI into Arbortext 5.4

ptc-4098258
1-Newbie

Installing DTD and FOSI into Arbortext 5.4

I recently got thrown into XML tagging for Interactive Electronic Technical Manuals. We are required to use a certain DTD and FOSI that I downloaded online but I am not sure how to properly install it into arbortext. The way that I tried immediately threw up flags telling me context rules had been turned off. Can someone please help me. I am a Noob

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

*IF* I understand the question (more than likely, you should consult an AE guru at your site/company, since there are usually server-side, publishing engine, and permissions issues -- and I'm clearly NOT that guy/gal, nor have I that kind of knowledge, but here are some ideas that may help):

From the Army Aviation DTD/FOSI download site, be sure to download the "supplemental" document as well. It mentions what needs to go into folders and what files you may need to edit.

From Arbortext Editor, Tools --> Preferences --> File Locations (following the Army Aviation site supp. doc), add the appropriate local pointers to "custom\doctype" etc. folders. You may need to edit some of the stuff you download from the Army site, depending on what type of doc's you are creating (dash10, MTF, etc.)

Then, once you have everything in place in the folders and are pointed to properly from AE (edited as needed, with proper permissions):

Go to AE's File --> New and select "Add." Select the DTD you need. It will then appear on the "Document Type" list.

I hope this helps. IMHE, AE has a lot of config issues that a sys admin type of person usually helps set up.

Best wishes!

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Are you downloading the DSSs from the TMSS website? there are some known issues with those FOSIs and DTDs but they're fairly easy to fix.

I am downloading the DTD and FOSI from Army Aviation site.

You don't actually "install" the DTD into Arbortext. When starting a new document, you can select one of the doctypes already listed, or browse to a new DTD. Then your document will be based on that DTD. There is an easy way to make the new DTD show up in the New Document list, but it escapes me atm (I'm noob too).

The stylesheet is the same deal. You can browse to the stylesheet location and associate it with your document.

*IF* I understand the question (more than likely, you should consult an AE guru at your site/company, since there are usually server-side, publishing engine, and permissions issues -- and I'm clearly NOT that guy/gal, nor have I that kind of knowledge, but here are some ideas that may help):

From the Army Aviation DTD/FOSI download site, be sure to download the "supplemental" document as well. It mentions what needs to go into folders and what files you may need to edit.

From Arbortext Editor, Tools --> Preferences --> File Locations (following the Army Aviation site supp. doc), add the appropriate local pointers to "custom\doctype" etc. folders. You may need to edit some of the stuff you download from the Army site, depending on what type of doc's you are creating (dash10, MTF, etc.)

Then, once you have everything in place in the folders and are pointed to properly from AE (edited as needed, with proper permissions):

Go to AE's File --> New and select "Add." Select the DTD you need. It will then appear on the "Document Type" list.

I hope this helps. IMHE, AE has a lot of config issues that a sys admin type of person usually helps set up.

Best wishes!

lxie1
1-Newbie
(To:Pyatrus)

cool!

Does anyone have arbotext 5.4 installation procedure document ?

To my understanding, it depends on the type of license you have. I guess it's key based not flex based.

--

Dhinesh

Manikandan
7-Bedrock
(To:dm-3)

Thank you for your kind information.

Sucessfully installed Arbortext 5.4

------

Mani

Top Tags