cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Internal reference links going to the previouspage

steve.thompson4
1-Newbie

Internal reference links going to the previouspage

Sarah,
The difficulty of "moving" those id's is dependent on the markup you're using. If the data is XML, a fairly straightforward XSLT could do the heavy lifting, with a batch process to apply it to multiple documents at a pass.

Just a thought,
Steve Thompson
TAD Technical
Boeing-IDS Technical Publications
+1(316)977-0515
MC K83-08
"It's only broke if someone notices it." - Tresa Spencer

NOTICE: This communication may contain proprietary or other confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, or believe that you have received this communication in error, please do not print, copy, retransmit, disseminate, or otherwise use the information. Also, please indicate to the sender that you have received this e-mail in error, and delete the copy you received. Any and all views expressed are the current understanding of the sender and should not be interpreted as an expression of official Boeing Company policy or position.

Les renseignements contenus dans ce message peuvent être confidentiels. Si vous n'êtes pas le destinataire visé ou une personne autorisée à lui remettre ce courriel, vous êtes par la présente avisé qu'il est strictement interdit d'utiliser, de copier ou de distribuer ce courriel, de dévoiler la teneur de ce message ou de prendre quelque mesure fondée sur l'information contenue. Vous êtes donc prié d'aviser immédiatement l'expéditeur de cette erreur et de détruire ce message sans garder de copie.

9 REPLIES 9

You might also try making the flowtext area on your pages in your FOSI a little bit shorter. This might make the figures start completely on the next page. However, it might also cause page ripple of the text, which may or may not be a concern.

Have you tried putting a keep on your figure tag? The intention is to
drag the <figure> start tag to the same page as the graphic.

I remember having your problem and I think this is the fix. I have this
keep on my gi="figure".

<keeps scope="page" keep="3" widowct="2">
<textbrk startln="1" endln="1">

-Andy
\ / Andy Esslinger LM Aero Tech Order Data
_____-/\-_____ (817) 279-0442 Box 748, Mail Zone 4285
\_\/_/ (817) 777-3047 Fort Worth, TX 76101-0748

That is what I am trying now. I can keep the figure tag with the sheet tag but if there are multiple sheets it doesn't break as needed. I've tried all different levels of keeps.

sarah

Sarah,

Can you share the FOSI code with us?

Suzanne Napoleon
www.FOSIexpert.com
"WYSIWYG is last-century technology!"

Sarah,

If figure has a required title, try moving the following code from the eic for figure to the eic for titleand add thecode shown in red.

<att>
<fillval attloc="figure" attname="id" fillcat="savetext" fillchar="textid">
<charsubset>
<savetext conrule="fignbr" xrefidtag="figure">
</charsubset>
</att>

If title is not required in figure, please share the DTD content model for figure. There is probably a way to do this.

Good luck!
Suzanne

Sarah,

No need to move ids in the document. Only the fillval in the FOSI (below) needs to be moved, specificallyto the eic for the first element that outputs content on the page. Some fancy FOSI footwork is probably needed.

Suzanne

Thanks for the tidbit. I will start digging and see what I can come up with.

Sarah

Thanks Suzanne for pointing us in the right direction. We have been able to make the fix within the FOSI by using the xrefid attribute and some additional fancy FOSI footwork.

Thanks again.

Sarah

Sarah,

Thanks for letting us know. Besides satisfying our curiosity,it is very helpful for the archives. 🙂

Suzanne

Top Tags