cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

IsoDraw 7.2 Auto ID

twade
1-Newbie

IsoDraw 7.2 Auto ID

Can anyone tell me how IsoDraw keeps up with the AUTOID numbers? Also is there a way to customize this number?

5 REPLIES 5
rdiaz
5-Regular Member
(To:twade)

Any IsoDraw experts out there that can assist in this?

I don't believe there's any PTC folks from that group on here, so you may want to open a case with them instead?

I don't see a method to do so. Can you explain the need? Perhaps there's another approach.

Trevor,

There are several people the modify the same illustrations on the platform and there has been a concern that the AUTIOID number would duplicate and there could possibly be problems in the IETM. So I was looking for a way to change the prefix AUTOID to something like TW vice AUTOID and then the ID would always be unique to the illustrator that worked on the drawing.

Haven't found anything to allow this. But I have to admit I've only seen one duplicate ID in the 6+ years we've been using and that file was fairly screwed up anyways.

Could you utilize a different attribute (or create your own) that you could then control? You could then use the AUTOID value, strip off the first seven characters, and place it in your new field. Macro required of course, but another approach.

No we have to use the ID attribute due to the S1000D requirement’s. And doing the macro route seems like a lot of work especially to someone that is not very good at it. I also will have to agree with you that the duplication will be rare and we have some checks that looks for that so if it comes up I think it would just be easier to fix it then vice trying to create a macro to rewrite the ID field. But thank you for your thoughts and ideas.

This might be a good idea for the PTC software developers to look at the add a setting that allows the end user to change the prefix of the hotspots.

Top Tags