cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

IsoDraw change default extension

thendricks
3-Visitor

IsoDraw change default extension

Testing IsoDraw 7.3, F00 and would like to know if there is a way to change the default extension back to .iso versus .idr. Any ideas?

5 REPLIES 5

No! We let run a batch and rename all files into *.idr ...

Renaming in the method is easy, but doesn't address the problem. What we've found is that the 'Open with IsoDraw' function that is used extensively by our illustrators is not yet supported with .idr. Thus, I would like to force the extension back to .iso. I could do this by macro, but yet additional work because of what appears to be a half-done integration of a new file extension. When I posed the question to PTC I received a copy/paste from their documentation just stating that .idr is the new file extension and a sentence saying that it can not be done. Oh well.

Perhaps I misunderstood you. But you can change the 'default file extension to open'.

_2013-03-18_15-50-13.png

Nope. What I want to change is the default extension used when you select File > New in IsoDraw.

Never used iso draw but in creo-pro i know you can or used to be able to use a config option to order the list of file type order shown in the File Save as type list. Ask PTC to include such an option in the future or wait 3+ years for PTC to get around to it. I'm still waiting for Floating Toolbars to be possible something Unigraphics or NX could do 10 years ago.

Michael

Top Tags