cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

IsoDraw drawing sizes preferences

khoward
7-Bedrock

IsoDraw drawing sizes preferences

I have been working on my PRF files to get IsoDraw environment the way I want. I have noticed that in the PRF file there isn't a portion of the file for setting drawing sizes. Is there a way I can add to the list drawing sizes under EDIT--->Preference--->Drawing--->Format?

I am using IsoDraw 7.3 Datecode M031 build 1

Thanks,

Keith Howard

Northrop Grumman

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

We have that for another purpose as well. Depending on your needs, and trustworthyness (is that really a word) of your users, you might do what we did where we simply ask the user for the width and then height of the document. I modded so they make their entry in inches and then a simple conversion to metric takes hold. One issue you may hit is if you want your tif to center in the drawing. Depending on the complexity it might be as simple as cut, center page, paste. If not, there is a macro around the forums to center and maintain layers.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

If I'm following the request, the settings you are looking for fall under the PRF heading of 'Preferences for new documents'. The particular lines are Window page size X/Y. Note it's mm just like all the other preferences.

Hi Trevor,

Thanks for the response. What I am wanting to do is add different drawings sizes to my choices. When you pull down the list at EDIT--->Preference--->Drawing--->Format you see a list of drawing sizes like A0 through B5 and others. I want to add to this list with drawing sizes I use in my manual creations. I bet that is clear as mud .

Keith

Got it now, but unfortunately I don't have a clue how to do that if it is possible. Sorry!

Welcome to the club!

As a poor-man's fix, could you instead use templates to address the issue. Create templates at the desired sizes and save them with the appropriate name? Not as clean as updating the menu, but depending on your needs it might work. Now thinking about it we do that here. Our purpose wasn't as much the size but instead to have some custom elements on the page with appropriate metadata. But might serve your purpose as well.

I have used templates in the past for the same reasons you do probably Layers, line styles and such. What I am doing is I am having to open a TIF file and add leaders and such to the graphic. I would like to just pick a drawing size to fit a particular graphic. What I might do is just write a macro to set the drawing size, I can write multiple macros and then assign them to buttons on a custom toolbar.

We have that for another purpose as well. Depending on your needs, and trustworthyness (is that really a word) of your users, you might do what we did where we simply ask the user for the width and then height of the document. I modded so they make their entry in inches and then a simple conversion to metric takes hold. One issue you may hit is if you want your tif to center in the drawing. Depending on the complexity it might be as simple as cut, center page, paste. If not, there is a macro around the forums to center and maintain layers.

rdiaz
5-Regular Member
(To:thendricks)

Hey Keith,

Was Trevor's input enough to get you moving in the right direction, or did you still have issues or concerns you wanted to discuss? Please let us know!

Top Tags