cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

IsoDraw not projecting all parts to 2D

DanCraddick
1-Newbie

IsoDraw not projecting all parts to 2D

IsoDraw problem. 1.) Open assembly drawing 2.) Verify all parts are present and in flat file structure. 3.) Project assembly to 2d drawing and only (1) part projects to 2d. 4.) Close 5.) Open same assembly drawing on different PC running same software. 6.) Project to 2d and all items are converted. 7.) Go back to original pc, uninstall all IsoDraw files. 8.) Reinstall IsoDraw 9.) Repeat steps 1,2,3,4. Same reults. Any ideas on why only my PC will not project these parts into 2d after a clean uninstall/install? We removed every single component associated with IsoDraw...
5 REPLIES 5

Dan, that sounds really strange. When reinstalling IsoDraw, pay attention that the preferences of IsoDraw are deleted as well. That must happen manually. To have two identical IsoDraws on different machines, you can copy the preferences from the "good" installation to the other machine (with IsoDraw shut down). If that still gives you the different results, there must be something happening on the machine, that avoids the correct behavior. The IsoDraw preferences can be found in the user profile in the application data. As ever: Consider to contact PTC support as well. regards, Christian

Christian, The weird thing happening with my PC was because we increased Windows Memory usage to 3gb to alleviate our "Out of Memory" errors. Seems as though the 3gb switch and IsoDraw 7.1 and big assembly files don't mesh well... Switched back to the 2gb and everything works well. Time to see if I have an "Out of Memory" error now.

"Dan Craddick" wrote:

Christian, The weird thing happening with my PC was because we increased Windows Memory usage to 3gb to alleviate our "Out of Memory" errors. Seems as though the 3gb switch and IsoDraw 7.1 and big assembly files don't mesh well... Switched back to the 2gb and everything works well. Time to see if I have an "Out of Memory" error now.

For us ver 7.0 was dropping parts and getting 7.1 seems to have fixed this. However we now experience more crashes with large assemblies. We'll have to explore the disabling the 3gb switch.

Once we disabled the switch we don't seem to have many problems. Crashed a couple of times with large assemblies....guess we have to deal with that in order to alleviate the other problem.
Top Tags