cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Launch flash or video from PDF?

ptc-953926
1-Newbie

Launch flash or video from PDF?

Adepters:

Does anyone know if it's possible to launch a video or a flash from a PDF built using PE direct-to-PDF? We're still at PE 5.3, but I couldn't find anything in the help about such support.

Thanks,

Dave Hintz
Siemens
3 REPLIES 3

The only way I know of to do this would be to host the video somewhere (intranet, internet) and link to it from the PDF. Not sure if you were looking to embed it in the PDF, don't think you can do that.

Hi David,

I insert flash in my PDFs, but I haven't found a way to do it using direct-to-PDF. I publish my PDF from Arbortext and then go through and insert the .swfs (which I first convert to PDF) into the PDF at the appropriate locations. They are always on separate pages. I wish I could embed them within a page and do it using direct-to-PDF. I'd be interested to know if you find a better solution.

Thanks,

Carolyn Herlin

I would love to know about this too.  Currently we are able to insert 2 types of links using Arbortext Editor - a hyperlink that jumps to a spot within the current document and a web/html page link that opens a web page.

We would also like to be able to insert a link that directly opens a file - specifically a video file format.  

This is possible using Adobe Acrobat DC, but doesn't appear to be supported (yet) with the Arbortext setup we have.

Top Tags