cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Legacy Eagle 8 & 8.1 compatability query

dgray
1-Newbie

Legacy Eagle 8 & 8.1 compatability query

Hi,

I'm looking at the early stages of a project to migrate our legacy Eagle environments to a common platform and where practical database and product version ahead of a significant version uplift to current products and need to find the answer to questions that have arisen. Any sensible help appreciated.

Can we use Eagle v8.0.0 to access data held in an Eagle v8.1.0 database ?

What are the likely issues or limitations we will encounter ?

Is it still possible to obtain the installers and DB migration scripts for these old versions if required ? (and if so where)

I cannot find any mention of these old versions (or Eagle) on the main PTC site and it has been some time since I've had direct involvement with them, so I'm probably way out of date (like the products !).

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3

You mean the ILS software by Raytheon? Raytheon EAGLE - Integrated Logistics Support Solutions

Yes, the software previously supplied in the UK by LBS and then taken on by PTC and delivered to us by them, that's the stuff I need info on and cannot find any on the PTC site - hence the question to the PTC community.

akeefe
1-Newbie
(To:dgray)

Hi David,.are you upgrading EAGLE or the LBS Abortext CSDB?

Raytheon has stopped support for their old LBS CSDB integration so only legacy EAGLE integrations are supported. Here at GPSL UK, we are working with PTC to provide a migration platform for legacy LBS Users who want to move to Windchill S1000D, which is PTC's current S1000D CSDB. Not sure if you are aware, but LBS Users on active maintenance are able to upgrade to Windchill free of charge.

We are aware of the EAGLE integration, and have some plans to create import scripts for LSAR data, MIL-1388, etc. PTC has also developed a S3000L solution within Windchill which is quite impressive. Might be worth a look if you are interested. I think Thales France are trialling the solution. Let me know if you want more info.

We are also about to launch a new LBS User Forum within the Arbortext Community, so would be great to have you join the sub-group. I will make sure I connect with you.

Best regards

Top Tags