cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

MS Word to Arbortext Editor

roryjakes
4-Participant

MS Word to Arbortext Editor

I do not have import / export license and need to get a very large Microsoft word file into 6.1 Arbortext Editor. I have tried to copy and paste and it changes everything into just text. Is there anyway for me to get the file into Arbortext editor and maintain the format. I found the following quote, "On the Windows platform, Servigistics Arbortext Editor enables you to copy content from other applications and paste the content into your document using matching markup from your document type. For example, assume you are authoring a DITA document and copy a bullet list in a Microsoft Word document. When you paste that list into your DITA document, it will be pasted with the appropriate ul and li tags."

Please help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
5 REPLIES 5

Yes, the smart copy & paste is meant to work as you describe. The trick is that, out of the box, I think it is only configured to work with DITA and Docbook. If you're using another type of DTD or Schema then it won't work. The basic usage is to copy from Word to your clipboard, then paste it straight into Arbortext. It won't get everything perfect, but it will give you a good starting point.

roryjakes
4-Participant
(To:GarethOakes)

Hi GarethOaks,

What do you mean by smart copy & paste?

Thank you,

Rory

roryjakes
4-Participant
(To:GarethOakes)

Thank you for your help. I cannot read the two articles you gave me links for as I don't have a support contract. I got a seat on the PTC University and am taking Editor courses. Again, I am trying to learn how to bring Microsoft word including graphics into Arbortext. You have helped. I have accepted as a solution your suggestions.

Thank you,

Rory

Thanks. BTW, if your organisation has purchased Arbortext then you should be able to get your PTC account added to the organisation group. That way you will get access to the support facilities such as the online help centers.

Top Tags