cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Macro to export group of files to version 4 CGM from Isodraw

bbolton
1-Newbie

Macro to export group of files to version 4 CGM from Isodraw

Hello, I have a large group of version 3 CGM files that need to be converted to version 4 CGM. I have drawing size settings in Isodraw that need to be maintained in the conversion. Does anyone have a batch process or macro that will run in Isodraw to accomplish this? I’m not versed in creating macros or writing code. Thanks in advance for any help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Are you source files from IsoDraw or they strictly CGM? By the sounds of it, CGM.

If this is the case, try opening one directly into IsoDraw and see where you sit. If you're lucky you might be able to do the following.

You likely could just set the desired frame size (assuming they are all the same) in the default settings of IsoDraw. To do this, close everything in IsoDraw and then change the frame size under preferences. This way, when you open the CGM it will be placed on that frame.

If the frame varies, you'll need a way to determine the size of the original frame (naming convention maybe or a bounding box).

My guess is that no matter what you will run into a placement issue...meaning that the CGMs won't be placed where you want on the frame. By opening the file with the desired frame size already set you can see how that comes out. Seems like we had problems with that, but it's been a few years since we migrated and thus had to cover this issue.

If placement is an issue you check search the forum for a macro that centers the contents of a file. So what you could do is use the batch tool to convert the CGM v3 to CGM v4 while using the centering macro.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Are you source files from IsoDraw or they strictly CGM? By the sounds of it, CGM.

If this is the case, try opening one directly into IsoDraw and see where you sit. If you're lucky you might be able to do the following.

You likely could just set the desired frame size (assuming they are all the same) in the default settings of IsoDraw. To do this, close everything in IsoDraw and then change the frame size under preferences. This way, when you open the CGM it will be placed on that frame.

If the frame varies, you'll need a way to determine the size of the original frame (naming convention maybe or a bounding box).

My guess is that no matter what you will run into a placement issue...meaning that the CGMs won't be placed where you want on the frame. By opening the file with the desired frame size already set you can see how that comes out. Seems like we had problems with that, but it's been a few years since we migrated and thus had to cover this issue.

If placement is an issue you check search the forum for a macro that centers the contents of a file. So what you could do is use the batch tool to convert the CGM v3 to CGM v4 while using the centering macro.

Thanks so much for the reply, I got the ‘batch’ tool and have it set up - it works well, You were exactly right - there is an issue with placement of the CGM in the frame. I will search the forum for a centering macro. This is a good solution for what I need to do – thanks for your help!

Trevor, Thanks again for your help! Maybe I’m not looking in the right area of the forum here but am not finding a macro that will center the image in the drawing area frame. Do you have a macro like this in your arsenal? Or could you point me in the right direction to locate it here in the forums? I’d like to learn to create these macros myself but am not at that point yet. Thanks!

Haven't done an internal link before, so I hope this works. At the bottom of the thread below you'll see a zip file called Center_Art.ism.zip that should include what you need to center.

How do you find the extents of a drawing?

Got it - Thanks very much for all your help!

Hi All,

Can anyone help me to solve the below questions as I am very new to Isodraw and Macro language.

Thanks in advance.

Scope: I have hell of .iges files and need to explode the assemblies,illustrate them in Isodraw 7.3 or Isodraw 6.1 and save them as as .cgm and .JPEG formats.

Question 1: Whn I open .iges files(Created from catiaV5 i guess) and select single bolt for example, all the bolts in the model are getting selected and getting exploded at a time but i need to select individually as they are grouped in original catia file.Is there any option to select them individually and then explode.Please help.

Question 2: When i record a macro, where these macros will get stored in Computer for Windows XP Service pack2. Can anyone send me macro to export all the .iso files to .cgm and .jpeg at a time.Please send me macro for Isodraw 6.1 or Isodraw 7.3 or Isodraw 7.0 Cad process. And also how to edit the macro if in need to change anything.

Top Tags