cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Many languages in one topic, just one needed in pdf.

hfrancois
1-Newbie

Many languages in one topic, just one needed in pdf.

Hi, I have many paragraphs in differents languages in a same topic.

Each paragraph have xml:lang attribute like : <p xml:lang='en'>Hello World</p><p xml:lang='de'>Halo Gerrit, get's?</p><p xml:lang='fr'>Salut à tous.</p>

I want to publish this topic in pdf one time only in english and/or one time only in german and/or one time only in french.

How can I do that, just with Styler and Windows (no SIM, no PE or anything else) ? 

Thanks.

Hugues

6 REPLIES 6

You should explore the Arbortext feature called "profiling". If you want to produce a PDF you will also need to have a print capable license, such as Arbortext Styler, Publishing Engine or Print Composer.

Thanks Gareth,

i have read profiling feature and i don't find topic about "language". Just about profil.

How can i control publishing by testing the xml:lang attribute value?

The profiling feature allows you to filter published content according to a specified "profile". So for example you can identify attributes and values that are to be used for filtering. For languages, this could work that you set a profiling value of "en", and all elements with xml:lang not "en" will be removed before publishing. This approach would allow you to produce an single-language PDF from content that is authored in multiple language variants.

Hi  Gareth,

Profiling feature work well with all attributes (like 'importance' or 'audience') but with xml:lang... not 😞

Perhaps this is one for PTC Support then, as profiling is the feature you have to use to configure your document content for publishing. I'd be interested to learn why xml:lang in particular is disallowed for profiling.

Have you reviewed Arbortext Styler's translation features for gentext material? See Arbortext Editor's Help Center topic "Generated Text Overview", "Maintaining Translations of Generated Text" and "Managing Translation Units"?

Top Tags