cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Moving custom joboptions file from adobe into arbortext editor for publsihing

bfriesen
16-Pearl

Moving custom joboptions file from adobe into arbortext editor for publsihing

I am wanting to know how I can, or if I can, move the settings from our specific adobe.joboptions file into the Arbortext styler publishing engine. Our consultant informed us that the outputfile can be configured as a file within arbortext architect. The way they suggested was to print to the adobe pdf printer, which is how we do it currently with framemaker.

So my question is C:\Program Files\PTC\Arbortext Editor\lib has smallfile, standard, screen, print.pdfcf files located in it. I expect that I would need to make a copy one of these files to change the pdf settings. I cannot seem to find any info on modifing the .pdfcf file or what sort of info is required in it.

Thanks

Bryon

1 REPLY 1
pnagai
4-Participant
(To:bfriesen)

I don't have my installation in front of me and can't remember for sure which doc file has the PDFCF info in it, but I'm guessing Customizer's Guide. Programmer's guide maybe.

But for sure, you can copy/customize one of the PDFCFs that are bundled with your install.

I also can't remember if the PDFCF files only control PDF Direct (or DirectPDF ... something else I can never remember ... see the trend?), PTC/Arbortext's non-Adobe PDF library/generator. It might be that you can't control Distiller with the PDFCF.

Consider joining adepters, a peer-to-peer mailing list full of Arbortext admins/users/developers/geeks. This page lists it as its first resource, along with lots of other useful pages:

http://blog.single-sourcing.com/top-arbortext-resources/

Top Tags