cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

My figure and figure title are not on the same page, why?

tdunford
1-Newbie

My figure and figure title are not on the same page, why?

I am exporting cgm files from ISO, and inserting a "fig-tittle-image" in Arbortext. I have tried different "move/fit/border" size BUT my figure tittle and image are always on 2 different pages when I publish to pdf.

My page setting (preference) on my template is 8.5 X 11 and my bounding box is 7 X 9. Everything is withing the bounding box and I don't have a newpage inserted. There should be lots of room for the image, why does it publish my tittle on one page and the image on the second page. From Arbortext I have clicked on the image and open it and measured the bounding box border and indeed it does measure the 7 x 9.

I don't understand why it is doing this.

4 REPLIES 4

First, does the title follow or go before the graphic in the PDF output?

If it is before the graphic, then do you have a keep next with a value of 7 or "always" on the title element?

If it is after the graphic, then do you have a keep previous with a value of 7 or "always" on the title element in the context of the parent element, or a keep next on the graphic element?

Tim

I inserted a figure tag, then tittle tag then image, all withing the figure tag. When I publish in pdf my image is on the second page. I exported my image in cgm page size, with and without the bounding box but it makes no difference. I am not sure what you are saying by the keep value of 7, where do I find this information Tim. In the message box from the publish in the even box message box it tells me that there is an error on page 2, KEEP too large. Where do I change those settings, is it in my page size from the template, because I can change my template? Where do I change that KEEP, I did not make the stylesheet nor have the experience/knowledge to work on it. We purchased it to meet our requirements.

Thank you for the reply Tim.

Tyler,

Since you are getting a KEEPS error, this indicates that the title and the graphic will not fit on the same page.

Perhaps your graphic size is 8.5 X11.

To test, in the figure element, can you set the attribute scaletofit to a value of 1, and the depth to 8.5in or 7in?

(Should scale the graphic to fit in the 7X9 boundaries that you have.)

Does that allow the graphic, and the title to remain on the same page?

Tim

Thanks for the reply Tim,

My graphic is set to my bounding box. The instructor has instructed to make a 8.5 X 11 template with the bounding box which I did, all elements are fit withing this bonding box and exported that way as well. When he did it on the training he didn't have to change anything in the attributes which I don't want to do if I don't have to.

Top Tags