cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

New to Arbortext

ptc-3059056
1-Newbie

New to Arbortext

Please excuse my lack of knowledge of this product. I have just been tasked to install and learn. Arbortext. It is a first time use for me. I look forward to learning this but I have a few questions regarding the various extentions used with the product. 1. Can I assume the .rpt is a report output? I know this sounds really simple, but the application has not been setup on my machine yet and my supervison is asking me details they can pass on to their customer. I appreciate any assistance. Thanks
2 REPLIES 2

I'll need a bit more information in order to help answer your question. When you say "Can I assume the .rpt is a report output?" ... where are you, or your customer, seeing this .rpt file? All of your documents will have either a .sgm or xml extension based on whether you are using SGML or XML to create your documents. There are many different output formats that Arbortext Editor can support: PDF, HTML, HTML Help, CDROM, Web, XSL, etc. A .rpt file is not something that is typically an output from Arbortext Editor, but this could be a customization by your organization or the customer. This is why I need more information in order to assist you.
lfraley
6-Contributor
(To:ptc-1805599)

Hi Bobby, .rpt is an unusual extension for us to see. Please provide some detail Liz
Top Tags