cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

New to IsoDraw Macros

JB99
1-Newbie

New to IsoDraw Macros

Hi Gang,

I am new to IsoDraw, my background has been in Autodesk products and Pro/E up to this point. So I am trying to master IsoDraw and have been asked to create a couple of macros to help expedite our process. The task I am trying to accomplish is taking many graphics we have created and scale them down to fit in a specific size and then export out to a CGM file. Where I am having some trouble is getting the size of the group of elements width X height. I want to take this data and determine the orientation of the group of elements portrait vs. landscape. Then I will scale the group using a specific size for either portrait or landscape. So if someone knows of a reference book for IsoDraw and macros within IsoDraw that would be incredibly helpful. I have the Macro language reference guide but I think I need a bit more help and information.

Thanks for any and all help.

Keith Howard

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
thendricks
3-Visitor
(To:JB99)

I'm guessing you'll be able to get a portion of your answer from your other post. If you need further assistance, let us know. To your last question, I'm only aware of the IsoDraw macro reference for documentation. I would recommend, however, also joining portal.ptcuser.org as this is another useful forum for Arbortext products.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
thendricks
3-Visitor

I'm guessing you'll be able to get a portion of your answer from your other post. If you need further assistance, let us know. To your last question, I'm only aware of the IsoDraw macro reference for documentation. I would recommend, however, also joining portal.ptcuser.org as this is another useful forum for Arbortext products.

Hi Gang,

I am also new in isodraw macro. How to download or view the Macro language reference guide.

By

Ras

Hello,

In attachment you can find "Arbortext IsoDraw Macro Language Reference" for version 7.1 and 7.2 of Arbortext IsoDraw. Another documents available in "Reference Documents" section on PTC's site, here: http://www.ptc.com/appserver/cs/doc/refdoc.jsp

VladimirN,

Thanks for sharing Reference Doc, I will see and let you know any further details.

By

RAS

Dear Friends,

I have one CGM file 940KB vector format, I want to reduce the file size below 250KB with same Quality.

If any one known this, Please let me know.

Please attach your CGM file to the message (by using "Use advanced editor" menu).

VladimirN,

I am not able to send CGM file, Because some security problems here.

Try to export (from Arbortext IsoDraw) this CGM file into another vector formats and then compare it.

Yes VladimirN,

I already tried that, but other formats are shown more size.

thendricks
3-Visitor

Just a note about getting sizing of a selection. if you are importing a file you'll need to group the entire object and then accesss the object info. If you select multiple objects or multiple groups you won't be able to get this information until you group it together.

Trevoer and Vladimir,

Thanks for your suggestions. I have solved my issue.

Dear Friends,

I have some one isodraw file, It's contains some numbers and letters are line format.

Every time we retype the number and Text. This way taking more time to finish the jobs.

Anybody known how to convert line to text format, Please let me know.

Dear Friends,

I have some one isodraw file, It's contains some numbers and letters are line format.

Every time we retype the number and Text. This way taking more time to finish the jobs.

Anybody known how to convert line to text format, Please let me know.

When you have a separate question, please start a separate post. It keeps the forum cleaner.

In regards to conversion of lines to text there is not a function in IsoDraw for that as far as I know. I did run a test however to see if there was a way to manage it. Here is what I did.

1) I opened a new file and typed in some random text and converted to paths.

2) I exported as a PDF (EPS should work just as well).

3) I opened the PDF in Acrobat Pro and used OCR to convert back to text.

Worked well. So, if you have Pro this would work. It does come down however to how much text you're talking about as to whether it is worth it.

As another thought, what file type are you working with and what is the source? You may be running into something where the export from the source software could be tweaked to export as text versus paths. Just a thought though.

Top Tags