cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

No way to check that DMs have been changed in a delivered publication

JanvanderKamp
1-Newbie

No way to check that DMs have been changed in a delivered publication

We are making documentation for our products using Arbortext for Aerospace & Defence. If I Create a Build List in Arbortext Publisher I get a browser window telling me what data modules have been changed w.r.t. the previous published issue.

Data modules in my delivered publication may change because they are changed for deliveries (other publications) to other customers. If my publications are in the DELIVERED state, there is no easy way to see if I have to supply my customer with updated publications. If I want to use the Create Build List to see if any data module has been changed, I have to raise the issue of the publication first. If I do so, the result can be that there is no need to send an update, leaving the publication in the PENDING state. I do not like that.

There should be an option in the Publisher to see that data modules in a publication have been changed without the necessity to raise the issue of the publication or do I oversee any other possibility to track changed data modules in publications, other than tracking them by hand?

Jan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I discovered there is a way to see that DMs in a publication have changed: use the menu option Publishing Issue > AdHoc Build report. This is the same as Create Build List but you do not need to increase the issue of the publication to get the list.

Jan

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

I discovered there is a way to see that DMs in a publication have changed: use the menu option Publishing Issue > AdHoc Build report. This is the same as Create Build List but you do not need to increase the issue of the publication to get the list.

Jan

rdiaz
5-Regular Member
(To:JanvanderKamp)

Hi Jan, does this mean you have resolved this question? Wanted to make sure before I marked it as Answered or not. Thanks!

Hi Rafael,

This means I have resolved the question, so you can mark it as answered.

Top Tags