cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

PDF links

ptc-953926
1-Newbie

PDF links

Adepters:

We use links in our PDFs extensively and they work great. We've also implemented links from one PDF to another and they work great. One problem we've noted is that they don't always work correctly or at all when the PDF is launched in the browser add-on for PDFs. But, if you set up the browser to disable that add-on and always use the Adobe Reader, there's no problem.

Has anyone experienced this problem with browser add-ons and, even better, found a solution?

Dave Hintz
Siemens

4 REPLIES 4

This might helphttp://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/display-pdf-browser-acrobat-xi.htmlit explains how to disable the pdf opening in a browser feature.

Bryon

Thanks Bryon. We know how to disable the browser PDF add-on. We're trying to determine why using the add-on to open a PDF in the browser doesn't work for some users, but works fine for other users. Generally, we'd like to be able to deliver something to customers that works no matter how they set things up.

Dave

Hi David--

I ran up against this a while back. IIRC, the answer lies in the way the links are passed between the browser and the plugin. When invoking a plugin, browsers strip off the query part of the URL (the part after the ?). Assuming you are trying to link to specific pages or named destinations in the PDF, this is where things go pear shaped. In my research, I did not find a way around the problem. I hope you have better luck than I did....

--Clay

Thanks, Clay.

Dave
Top Tags