cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

PE Server Grahics Formats

SarahPrice
7-Bedrock

PE Server Grahics Formats

I'm running Arbortext Publishing Engine 5.3 M090. I have created an XSL-FO stylesheet. When publishing my document PE Server drops tif graphics. It will process and print CGMs and JPGs but not TIFs. Does anyone know of anytype of configuration setting that needs to be updated to accomplish this?

Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3

Are the TIFs located in a directory that isn't a sub to the manual or doctype directory whereas the CGMs and JPGs are saved locally? We have had several issues with PE losing the path to the graphics and had to work around that.

John T. Jarrett
BAE Systems

I believe that is exactly the issue, the path. I tried using xsl:copy-of to copy the Pub_graphic_data processing instruction but it's not working.

Here is a sample of my graphic code:

<fo:external-graphic content-height="{@reprodep" |=" @vscale}&quot;=" content-width="{@reprowid" |=" @hscale}&quot;=">

<xsl:attribute name="src"><xsl:text>url(</xsl:text><xsl:value-of select="unparsed-entity-uri(@gnbr)"/"><xsl:text>)</xsl:text></xsl:attribute>

</fo:external-graphic>

<xsl:copy-of select="following-sibling::processing-instruction('Pub')[contains(.,'graphic_data')][1]"/">

Other than your "[1]" reference, that looks exactly like what we use as well.

</xsl:choose>
</fo:external-graphic>
<xsl:copy-of select="following-sibling::processing-instruction('Pub')[contains(.,'_graphic_data')]"/">

</fo:block>
</xsl:template>

John
Top Tags