cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

PTC Arbortext Advanced Print Publisher

jpotter
3-Visitor

PTC Arbortext Advanced Print Publisher

I cannot open PTC Arbortext Advanced Print Publisher. License problem: The desired vendor daemon is down Requesting ArbotextAPPDesktop 7788@localhost: (-97)   

I had this problem in 2016 and the PTC community solved it for me.

Imtools.exe

Start / Stop / Reread

Stop server

Start server

Server start successful

Now I have the same problem 

But using the same solution does not now solve it.

Can anybody out there help me please?

6 REPLIES 6
VladimirN
24-Ruby II
(To:jpotter)

Take a look this article - "Error message "License request failed for feature XXX: -97, The desired vendor daemon is down" is returned when trying to launch Application based on Flexlm/Flexnet license": https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS26888

bfriesen
17-Peridot

Did you update your license file? We have found in the past that you need to also update the license server when updating the license file.

Bryon

Hi Bryon

Please excuse my ignorance but would I update my license file and license server through lmtools.exe ?

Best wishes

John Potter

Director & Editor-in-chief

European Rail Timetable Limited

www.europeanrailtimetable.eu

Available to pre-order: Autumn 2023 printed edition, Four Seasons Bundle from Autumn. Available to order: August 2023 digital edition, Summer 2023 digital edition, Summer 2023 printed edition, Four Seasons Bundle, Rail Map Europe 3rd edition, 2nd revision and Europe by Rail 17th edition.

bfriesen
17-Peridot

The only time you need to update your license file is if you are updating to a new major version of the software, like 7.X to 8.X.

Licenses need to generated from the ptc site. If you log into your support account there is a box that says popular tasks. Choose Manage licenses, this will allow you to generate a new license file.

Then you load the new license file with the lmtools. This is where the lmtools needs to updated to a newer version, so that it will read the new license file properly.

You can always put in a support ticket also https://www.ptc.com/en/support

Bryon

We have now discovered the host id of my pc has unexpectedly changed to 48-D2-24-18-05-DC (as in the attached log file) possibly due to a Windows update. The licence file lm_51333415.txt has the original host id 54-BE-F7-23-DC-DC. Please advise on obtaining a revised licence file.

John Potter

bfriesen
17-Peridot

Is one mac address for your wireless card  and one for your wired. Or are you using a docking station. You need to submit a case to license people.

Bryon 

Top Tags