cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

PTC Arbortext Print Composer

mburge
1-Newbie

PTC Arbortext Print Composer

Hi,

I have two users that are seeing this error message as shown below:

Unable to obtain a license for optional component PTC Arbortext Print Composer

Has anyone seen this error before? I believe they need to point to a server.

This is for Arbortext Editor 7.0

Thank you,

Morais

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Was Tomcat restarted after the change to the catalog?

Is the document type installed on the PE server?

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Are the users remote? We have some issues with remote users that have floating editor licenses and node locked print composer licenses. So it they open a remote session of editor they cannot publish because the publisher needs to be opened locally. If we open the editor session locally for them and try to publish then it will grab the print license.

BRyon

The error is caused due to the fact that the local user is not pointing a  local or shared license for print composer. I have a floating license for print composer and a local license for Arbortext. In my environmental variable for the PTC_D_LICENSE_FILE I have pointers to both the local licenses and the shared license file.

Also you need to make sure that composer was signified in the Arbortext load so the software loaded onto the PTC. Composer had two versions at one time a locked license and a shared version. I think now composer is a shared license.  Arbortext PE is run from a server, and you have to signify that you are using APE and its location when AT is loaded. You can then activate it or turn it off in your Arbortext preferences.

Thanks for your feedback Bryon & Raymond.

I added the following path to server in Preferences. This take me a step closer but no champagne yet. It appears to be creating PDF output but I cannot locate the actual PDF file. Investigation continues.

Options -> Preferences -> Publishing Engine -> URL: http://servername:8080/e3server/e3

OK, now you are getting to a composition engine. Did you do a publish to PDF? If so there is a screen that come up when it starts that tells you where the PDF is going, what style set it is using and the PDF preferences you are using. You should be able to change the location of where it writes this file if you like. Then you say ok and it goes on to compose. If you did a print preview then no file is written.

Ray

Thanks again for your feedback, Ray!

Here is some additional background.

When I click File -> Publish -> PDF File...

The following error message occurs:

"[A20448] Document type not installed on the PTC Arbortext Publishing Engine server. Check the server's catalog path setting."

I added the path to the catalog at Tools -> Preferences -> File Locations -> Catologs: \\severname\E$\EpicE3\custom\doctypes

But the error message still occurs.

Regards,

Morais

Was Tomcat restarted after the change to the catalog?

Is the document type installed on the PE server?

Thanks, Tim!

The root element doesn't match the document type. (Example: root element is: root.element and the document type is: root_element)

Regards,

Morais

Top Tags