cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

PTC License Server failed to install under Windows 7

mmagallanes-rib
1-Newbie

PTC License Server failed to install under Windows 7

Greetings,

Due to XP end of support, we're migrating from Windows XP to Windows 7 (64 bit). However, while trying to configure our new license server machine, the PTC License Server installer contained in our Isodraw 7.2 M20 package fails to start.

We have another machine with a node-locked license, and Isodraw 7.2 runs fine under Windows 7. It's just the License server installer which won't work.

Does anyone know if there are any compatibility issues with Windows 7 or whether if a newer release is needed?

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Our maintenance contract has expired, so we can't upgrade to IsoDraw 7.3 or see the compatibility matrix until we get it renewed.

We did manage to install the server in the end, though, by running the ptcsetup.exe file located on the flexLM\dsrc\i486_nt\obj directory of the 7.2 package. It seems to be working fine now.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hi,

I would say that this is a problem of compatibility with 64-bit. Try to install license server from latest Arbotext IsoDraw 7.3 M020 install package.

Did you review PTC's compatibility matrix?

http://www.ptc.com/WCMS/files/125168/en/Arbortext-Software-Compatibility-Matrices-6.0-M120-7.2-7.3-11.0-M060.pdf

Did the suggestion to use IsoDraw 7.3M020 help?

Our maintenance contract has expired, so we can't upgrade to IsoDraw 7.3 or see the compatibility matrix until we get it renewed.

We did manage to install the server in the end, though, by running the ptcsetup.exe file located on the flexLM\dsrc\i486_nt\obj directory of the 7.2 package. It seems to be working fine now.

Top Tags