cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Parallel port dongle installation

RashadHussain
1-Newbie

Parallel port dongle installation

Hi,

I have installed a fresh copy of Windows XP on my PC and installed ISO Draw 6.0 as follows:

1. Left the parallel port dongle plugged in
  2. Ran the setup
  3. Screen prompt advising remove the USB (no mention of parallel port) dongle and click continue
  4. I removed the dongle anyway
  5. Fnished installtion
  6. Out dongle back in and launched program
  7. Error: “The hardware copy-protection for the program has not been installed correctly. Please refer to the chapter ‘installation’ in your manual.”

I’ve tried every combination when it comes to having the dongle removed or left in and still get the same error. I’ve also tried installing the latest Sentinel drivers but had no luck.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2

I don't speak for PTC, but I would caution you that parallel port dongles are somewhat more sensitive and finicky than USB dongles.

Apparently it is possible to damage them by plugging or unplugging them with the computer powered up. I recall seeing these warnings when we had parallel dongles for another CAD package back in 2001 or so. Out of ten parallel dongles, 4 of ours died for unknown reasons.

=====

Also, you may want to make sure your parallel port is enabled in the computer's BIOS, and that it is listed in the Windows XP device manager. I don't recall if these require bidirectional ports, but that could also be a problem. (PS/2 / ECP / EPP)

- Dale

Try to contact technical support PTC, creating a new "Case" here: http://www.ptc.com/appserver/cs/case/case_logger.jsp

Top Tags