cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community email notifications are disrupted. While we are working to resolve, please check on your favorite boards regularly to keep up with your conversations and new topics.

Pdf Creation Font Error

bfriesen
17-Peridot

Pdf Creation Font Error

Trying to publish a postsciprt to pdf and I am getting this message. What does it mean and how do I track down the issue? 

%%[ Error: limitcheck; OffendingCommand: 1) (Digitized data copyright (C) 1993-2000 Agfa Monotype Corporation. All rights reserved. Arial® is a trademark of The Monotype ]%%

Stack:
/AdvTT2876772e\
{-44 -209 980 919}
/FD4

%%[ Flushing: rest of job (to end-of-file) will be ignored ]%%
%%[ Warning: PostScript error. No PDF file produced. ] %%

Thanks 

Bryon

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Tracked down the issue it was our trademark symbols were wrapped with a font element making them arial unicode, which it seems is an issue for us. Removed the font element and now it postscipts as expected.

Thanks for the help.

Bryon

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hi Bryon, this is a PostScript error so I doubt PTC can help you - unless you find a defect in the PostScript itself. Does the PostScript display correctly if loaded into Adobe Acrobat or GhostScript GSView?

PostScript errors are described by Adobe here: https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/troubleshoot-postscript-errors.html

A limitcheck means something in the PostScript is too large. What is strange here is that the font comment is displayed as the "OffendingCommand". The AdvTT indicates that the 3B2/APP/ALD engine is repacking a TrueType font for you. What version of Arbortext software are you using? Does updating to the latest version fix?

Sorry I don't have an easy answer but hopefully some of the ideas above help you.

Tracked down the issue it was our trademark symbols were wrapped with a font element making them arial unicode, which it seems is an issue for us. Removed the font element and now it postscipts as expected.

Thanks for the help.

Bryon

Top Tags