cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Point Pages

aleslie
1-Newbie

Point Pages

Hello,

I am generating point pages via the provision of wrapping a desired range of elements within a PI ("_touchup") element and firing the point page pageset but I am having difficulties in scoping the variable to which I save the final point page in each range to to populate the LEP.Is this the best method for incorporating point page capability into an application ?

2 REPLIES 2

Andy,

If stringdecl scope contains anything other than DTD elements, theFOSI does not compile.

If I correctly understand what you are doing, could you code the touchup e-i-c to save the beginning and ending page numbers with placemnt=before and placemnt=after?

Suzanne Napoleon
www.FOSIexpert.com
"WYSIWYG is last-century technology!"

Hi Suzanne,

Thanks for the page extracts from your book.

However, I am trying to carry out string comparisons on page numbers defined in the pagesets.

In order to build the LEP, I am trying to cater for point page ranges as well as changes on a page within a section.
I've almost got it working and all is fine if there is at least one page between the end of the point page range and the first change as I can pick out the range. (eg. 3.1 to 3.3, 5 to 8 where the change is on page 5). The LEP then contains for example :

3.1 to 3.3
5 to 8

The problem I have is when there is a change on the immediate first normal page (non point page) following the point pages as there is no range. (eg. 3.1 to 3.3, 4 to 8)) I tried flagging this by comparing page counters set within the pagesets but the string comparison conditions do not work.

3.1 to 3.3
?
4 to 8

If there is at least one page between end of point pages and next change, output the middle range, otherwise don't.

I suspect it's because all the page numbering is worked out at a later stage during print composition and by that time it's too late ?

Top Tags