cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Possible to deliver topics to Vuforia?

reynold_dechant
5-Regular Member

Possible to deliver topics to Vuforia?

Wondering if anyone has used content created in Arbortext in Vuforia? Looking for solutions (either API etc) to use Operator Manual topics to be pulled up in AR.

3 REPLIES 3

We have done some work with loading Arbortext content (DITA XML) into Vuforia Studio to add textual information to AR experiences. I'd be curious to know more about your specific use case to see what it would take to get where you want to go.

The attached topic (and graphics) for component repair and replacement lives inside of Windchill (in a publication structure).

I would like to use Vuforia to create a hot spot and call this topic. From Windchill I would like to publish all the topics in the maintenance manual.

Technicians use Vuforia on product > click hotspot > topic is delivered > procedure steps are walked thru. Possible to connect graphic for manual to part on model?

In principle, we can pull content from Windchill in response to an item (modelItem) tap, and render it in the Vuforia experience. This functionality is not available out of the box, however, so you would either need to do a fair amount of development work yourself, or partner with a company that does this kind of thing. My company, EAC, does this, and I know there are others who do custom Vuforia development as well.

We (EAC) have experience taking structured DITA content and using the markup to identify procedure steps and "walk through" them in an AR experience. The example you sent is a topic with numbered lists, rather than a formal task topic with <step> elements, so that might complicate the process of dynamically building a step walk-through, but we can probably determine a set of rules for identifying steps that will work for your authoring style.

If you are interested in hiring someone to help with this, please PM me and I can set you up with a scoping call to review your use case and get you an estimate of what it would cost for us to build a solution for you.

Top Tags