cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Possible to use XML schema with the FOSI panels in Doc Architect?

JasonBuss
1-Newbie

Possible to use XML schema with the FOSI panels in Doc Architect?

Just wondering, have a guy working on some S1000D screen FOSIs, but not being a FOSI guy or having ready access to styler, is there a way to open, for instance, the crewSchema.xsd as a doctype, and allow for opening a test doc to use the FOSI panels?

Been goofing with directory structures, URI catalog entries, the closest I can get is doc arch will open the crewSchema without error, but errors when trying to open a test doc.

Is this just a limitation of doc arch, or is there another way?

thanks,

-Jason

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Jason,

I don't have docarch, but if I correctly understand what you want to do, you don't need it. Try this:

1. Put the .fos file in a different directory than the test document.

2. Open the test document in Arbortext Editor.

3. Select Format->Select Stylesheets... and select the desired FOSI.

4. At the command line, enter sysgroups. This will open the All FOSI Components style panel.

NOTE: My FOSI Quickstart Tutorials Part 1, cover formatting for screen display and how to use the style panels interface. Formatting for screen display is also covered in my book, Practical FOSI.

Hope this helps! Please let me know any questions you may have.

Good luck!

Suzanne Napoleon

"WYSIWYG is last-century technology!"

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hi Jason,

I don't have docarch, but if I correctly understand what you want to do, you don't need it. Try this:

1. Put the .fos file in a different directory than the test document.

2. Open the test document in Arbortext Editor.

3. Select Format->Select Stylesheets... and select the desired FOSI.

4. At the command line, enter sysgroups. This will open the All FOSI Components style panel.

NOTE: My FOSI Quickstart Tutorials Part 1, cover formatting for screen display and how to use the style panels interface. Formatting for screen display is also covered in my book, Practical FOSI.

Hope this helps! Please let me know any questions you may have.

Good luck!

Suzanne Napoleon

"WYSIWYG is last-century technology!"

Perfect, thank you!

Great!

BTW: Any structured markup file that opens in Arbortext Editor, including .dcf, .xsd, .xsl, .style., and .fos, can be similarly formatted with a FOSI stylesheet. Line breaks, indents, and background colors can be very helpful when working in the tagged view of these files. The FOSI can test attribute settings in the file and modify formatting in certain cases. And generated text can be output as well.

Suzanne

Top Tags