cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Public Identifier

ptc-1901643
1-Newbie

Public Identifier

Long story short - no one here has used Arbortext for a while. Our server was moved. We reinstalled on two compters. When someone opens a previously created file (6.0 M090) we get: [A15014] Unable to resolve the document type referenced by the public identifier "-//USA-DOD//DTD38784STD-BV7//EN" in the catalog path.

We have two computers that did not need to be reinstalled. All is well on them. That tells me there is something on those two computers that the newly reinstalled computers are not seeing. How do I find what it is, where it is and where to find it? I copied all the doctypes from the working computers to the non-working (I think I got them all - at least all the ones listed on the error message).

Did I mention I am very (very) new to Arbortext? But not totally computer illiterate. Please help me get out of this deadlock.

Thank you,

D

2 REPLIES 2
rdiaz
5-Regular Member
(To:ptc-1901643)

Hi Danny,

The document itself has a reference to the doctype it uses. In the case of a PUBLIC identifier, it typically points to a catalog file. That catalog file, in turn, points to the location of the doctype itself. So you'll want to do two things:

1) Go to one of the machines that is working fine, and browse their files for any files named 'catalog' (no filetype). These can be in the folder of the actualy doctype, in the 'doctypes' folder, or any folder referenced by the APTCATPATH environment variable. Perhaps the easiest way to do this would be to use a wide search app, like Agent Ransack, and search for files with content containing "-//USA-DOD//DTD38784STD-BV7//EN"

2) Copy the catalog file and place it in the new users folder structure. This would likely best go in the same location it was found in, and match the Environment Variable, if that was used as well. You'll also want to make sure the the path in the catalog file isn't pointing to someplace that doesn't exist on the new machine, such as a user-specific folder.

Hope this helps!

rdiaz
5-Regular Member
(To:rdiaz)

Hi Danny. Were you able to resolve this, or did you have more questions?

Top Tags