cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Publishing Engine Preferences

SarahPrice
7-Bedrock

Publishing Engine Preferences

Which preference file stores the Publishing engine URL? I'm trying to reset this preference but it won't reset. I've deleted the arbortext.wcf file but it is still there.

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Yes the PE URL is stored in arbortext.wcf, example preference: <Option name="peserverurl" value="http://localhost:8080/e3/e3"/>

The location for this file on my desktop is %APPDATA%\PTC\Arbortext\Editor\arbortext.wcf which resolves to C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\PTC\Arbortext\Editor\arbortext.wcf

I'm not sure why deleting arbortext.wcf wouldn't remove the preference but I guess it is possible that Arbortext is also storing some defaults in the Windows Registry? I haven't checked. It definitely reads the value from arbortext.wcf though, if you close Arbortext and update that setting then restart Arbortext the new URL will work.

BTW for Arbortext Editor to use PE you also need to have the peservices preference enabled: <Option name="peservices" value="on"/>

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Yes the PE URL is stored in arbortext.wcf, example preference: <Option name="peserverurl" value="http://localhost:8080/e3/e3"/>

The location for this file on my desktop is %APPDATA%\PTC\Arbortext\Editor\arbortext.wcf which resolves to C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\PTC\Arbortext\Editor\arbortext.wcf

I'm not sure why deleting arbortext.wcf wouldn't remove the preference but I guess it is possible that Arbortext is also storing some defaults in the Windows Registry? I haven't checked. It definitely reads the value from arbortext.wcf though, if you close Arbortext and update that setting then restart Arbortext the new URL will work.

BTW for Arbortext Editor to use PE you also need to have the peservices preference enabled: <Option name="peservices" value="on"/>

Could it be set in the siteprefs file?

Bryon

Top Tags