cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Publishing Engine in Arbortext Editor

mkothari
1-Newbie

Publishing Engine in Arbortext Editor

Hello All,

While Installation of editor, it ask for the Publishing Server - If I do not have Arbortext Publishing Engine - What should be the option ?

- Can I get the trail version for Publishing engine only - it comes with Windchill server only ?

- Can I use the DITA OTK / Configure the OTK , if yes , how to setup /configure ? OR bydefault comes with the setup.

Thanks - MVK

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

If you do not have Publishing Engine then you cannot use the integrated publishing features of Arbortext.

1. Publishing Engine does not require Windchill, it is a standalone servlet application running on top of Apache Tomcat. No publicly available trial that I know of. You may be able to ask your PTC representative or reseller if you can get a special 30 day test license.

2. DITA Open Toolkit is not integrated with Arbortext.

-Gareth

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

If you do not have Publishing Engine then you cannot use the integrated publishing features of Arbortext.

1. Publishing Engine does not require Windchill, it is a standalone servlet application running on top of Apache Tomcat. No publicly available trial that I know of. You may be able to ask your PTC representative or reseller if you can get a special 30 day test license.

2. DITA Open Toolkit is not integrated with Arbortext.

-Gareth

Did your question get answered, or do you have further questions?

- Tim

Top Tags