cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Publishing Postscript files with Arbortext Publishing Engine

bfriesen
16-Pearl

Publishing Postscript files with Arbortext Publishing Engine

Is there a way to choose the postscript.appcf using APE. The config file is not an option when choosing publish to pdf window.

Thanks

Bryon

4 REPLIES 4

The "Config file" is for your .appcf. Remember that .appcf files have to be installed on the PE server.

Thanks Gareth, I do have the have the other appcf file on the APE. The poscript.appcf is also in the folder but, PTC hides it. If you use print composer there is a browse button that you can use to select it. The reason we would like to use the post script publisher, is that we cannot seem to get our pdf sizes anywhere close to what Adobe distiller creates for us. I have modified the templates and created a web and standard versions. They both create the same size pdf that are way to big to use anywhere. i believe the issue is with our graphics and conversions. We are using cgm but contemplating moving to svg.

Thanks

Bryon

Yeah I'm not sure the built-in PE integration has a publish-to-postscript feature. That's why it's hiding the PostScript option. You have a couple options:

1. PE subscription "registered user" license is a really cheap way to get desktop-based Print Composer replacement. This *should* be able to publish-to-postscript (you can verify by testing PE Interactive on your current server).
  2. Let PE make the large PDFs and use Adobe to shrink them. The Adobe software can shrink PDFs pretty good.

Does anyone out there create postscript files?? or would some one be willing to email me their appcf files that produce pdfs that are close in size to the Adobe compression. It seems that PE has the postscript option hidden and it so far seems that it cannot be accessed. I can log into the PE server and run editor from it and it has access to the postscript option. If I can create a ps file then I can distill with Adobe. Using Adobe to shrink the files works but still does not breakdown the size as much as distilling it directly.

Thanks

Bryon

Top Tags