cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Publishing engine stylesheet configuration

BALAAJ
1-Newbie

Publishing engine stylesheet configuration

I would like to know in which folder/file the stylesheets are confiugred. Actually the Arbortext Editor clients got the list of stylesheet from PE.

-Bala AJ-

3 REPLIES 3
pnagai
4-Participant
(To:BALAAJ)

Editor will have a screen stylesheet. Normally this would be below the doctypes subfolder in the custom directory. You can find out what this is by executing the following on the command line in Editor:

response(get_custom_dir())

Publishing Engine will similarly have composition stylesheets located in its custom directory. It is possible that these are the same as the ones used by Editor, but there are lots of reasons they might be different. It is possible that they have the same contents but are stored in different "physical" locations on the network. It is possible that their contents are different, too since the requirements for authoring and printing can be so varied.

I don't remember the subtleties of how Editor requests and PE provides the list of available composition stylesheets, but I do think the .dcf file Editor uses can play a role. This file is also usually located in the custom folder Editor uses.

Folks on the Adepters mailing list where lots and lots of Arbortext users, admins, and developers hang out 24/7/366 (it is a leap year, you know!) could probably provide more information than I have here. Information on joining that list (as well as pointers to lots of other Arbortext resources) can be found here:

http://blog.single-sourcing.com/top-arbortext-resources

Good luck!

BALAAJ
1-Newbie
(To:pnagai)

Thanks!. I don't see any stylesheet associations in DCF file.

Actually I would like to change the order of stylesheet listed in the Publishing preview option of Editor.

Attached the screenshot.preview_stylesheet.png

SirkoRudolph
5-Regular Member
(To:BALAAJ)

Hi Bala,

Please take a look in the Arbortext Helpcenter: Administration->Arbortext Editor->Adminsitrator’s Guide->Stylesheets->Configuring Stylesheet Order in a list

You need to modify the .dcf for your doctype (ditabase.dcf if you are using DITA) in your custom folder on PE to make this work. You may have to experiment whether you need to enter full paths or just the stylesheet filenames in the dcf.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards

Sirko

Top Tags