cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Questions about the text around fig, and the location for the fig title.

lxie1
1-Newbie

Questions about the text around fig, and the location for the fig title.

Dear all,

There are 2 questions about the text around fig, and the location for the fig title. Could you give me any tips please? Thanks!

1. Can we implement the "L" paragraph text around the fig (the fig have title.) ?

for example:

ptc_1114_1.jpg

2. For the <fig> element, how can I chage the <title> under the <image>? I think we need update the DTD, but can you give a simple example for the steps? Thank you very much!

ptc_1114_2.jpg

Your assistance will be highly appreciated in this regard.

Thanking you

Lorin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

#1 is supported by APP formatting engine. If you insert your figure as a frame then by default the main text will wrap around the frame border.

#2 is a common case for figures. You don't need to change the DTD. The usual mechanism is to either suppress the <title> or the <image>. You then display one before the other using gentext, which effectively reverses the order.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

#1 is supported by APP formatting engine. If you insert your figure as a frame then by default the main text will wrap around the frame border.

#2 is a common case for figures. You don't need to change the DTD. The usual mechanism is to either suppress the <title> or the <image>. You then display one before the other using gentext, which effectively reverses the order.

Hi Gareth, thank you for your timely response!

#1 But how can I implement it? I think I need do something for it, in Editor or Styler?

I need change the publish engine to APP, then?

ptc.jpg

#2, great, I think I can change it in the gentext!

But what's about suppress the <title> or the <image>? I'd like to know in details.

Thanks again!

For #1, if you don't know frames then you may need APP training or services work. My organisation can assist with this www.gpsl.co.

For #2, suppress means you change the display to "Hidden". You can then use gentext to redisplay the content in a different location. Again we can assist with training or services if required.

Great!

Thank you Gareth!

Top Tags