cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

RTF Preview Error

TshedisoSerei
1-Newbie

RTF Preview Error

Please assist - I have a client who runs Arbortext Editor and Styler 6.0 M070.

They are currently experieince errors when previewing to RTF. The error message reads: [Unable to obtain a license for optional component Arbortext Import/Export]

RTF+preview+error+message.png

The client does not have Import/Export licenses and should not have. They also do not have Import/Export installed. Previewing to RTF is standard Styler functionality.

The client is also running on MS 2010 and can open RTF documents that I send them.

Anyone expericed a similar case? Please assist - I cannot understand why Styler is looking for the Import/Export license. We have tested on other machines that have Editor and Styler and the RTF preview works.

4 REPLIES 4

Your description does not match my understanding of the licensing. The "Export" part of Import/Export is the ability to export to RTF, so your client will need an Import/Export license to achieve RTF output. You use Styler to develop the RTF output stylesheet, but the actual output of RTF is unlocked through the Import/Export feature.

Hi Gareth

I am under the impression that anyone with Styler can Preview RTF.

Has this changed?

We have another machine that does not have Import/Export license but can Preview RTF

pnagai
4-Participant
(To:TshedisoSerei)

Hi,

Like Gareth, I thought you had to have an Import/Export license to generate RTF. However, it does appear that I was able to generate an RTF preview without pulling an Import/Export license. My Help > Sessions > Component tab reported Import/Export license as "not obtained" both before and after generating a session's first RTF preview.

No help ... but one extra data point confirming (apparently) your belief it should work.

Thank you guys - we are doing further test and hopefully we win...

Top Tags