cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Re : Arbortext S1000d Editor

ptc-4707276
1-Newbie

Re : Arbortext S1000d Editor

Hello,

I am trying to understand if there is any Default DTD / Stylesheet template in ATXT S1000D Editor which can be used for a demo. I would appreciate any guidance in this direction.

br. Nitesh Pujari

2 REPLIES 2

Editor for S1000D is not a standalone solution for S1000D, it's only a part of PTC's S1000D solution and is supposed to only author data stored in CSDB.

DTDs location is a part of server-side installation and are referenced from DataModules when DataModules are created in CSDB.

Publishing happens from Arbortext Publisher for S1000D and stylesheets are installed with it.

If you just wanted to use description lets say, Arbortext Editor has a "custom" folder that you can set up. You could download a DTD for S1000D or XSD files from www.s1000d.org and then add them to the custom folder. I once did this for Issue 3.0 which if I remember correctly had an SGML DTD. At the time I then compiled the various SGML DTDs I wanted to use with Arbortext Epic Editor 4.3. The Editor will then allow you to create Data Modules based on individual DTDs such as Description or Procedure for example. The complete AAD solution offered by PTC is the CSDB and management and publishing tools.

Top Tags