cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Recompile issues from 5.4 to 5.3

SindyYoung
2-Guest

Recompile issues from 5.4 to 5.3

Hi Everyone,

We have discovered an issue with recompiling from 5.4 to 5.3. This situation is we are testing 5.4M40 for our books. Only a few of us have 5.4 on our machines. We released it on a limited basis since I found no issues with using 5.4 in the classroom for training and in any of the books that I have worked on.

However, today we discovered that if a DTD is compiled in 5.4 and then someone using 5.3 reopens the same DTD and recompiles to 5.3, some elements are no longer listed in the DTD Viewer, i.e. TABLE. According to the DTD, Table should be allowed anywhere in the <front> element, but when we recompile in 5.3 from 5.4 the element <table> is no longer valid in <front>.

So I guess my question is this, has anyone else had any problems recompiling to an earlier version after opening a document in 5.4.

2 REPLIES 2

Is your catalog path the same for both Arbortext versions?, or did you move the CALS table DTD/entity and make any catalog changes for 5.4, so that when you use 5.3 the Editor can no longer find the CALS table DTD?

Yes, catalog paths are the same
Top Tags