cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Remote desktop connection using AE licenses

kregimbald
9-Granite

Remote desktop connection using AE licenses

My pc at the office has a locked license. When I access my office pc from my home computer apparently I am using a floating license.

So basically I am using both locked and floating licenses. Consequently, less licenses available to other users.

Why does the license type change when accessing through VPN? I am connecting directly to my office pc where AE is installed. Should it not use the locked license?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Arbortext versions 6.0 and higher use the Flex licensing mechanism. Node-locked (fixed) Flex licenses cannot be used with remote desktop connections. Therefore, your application is looking for and using a floating (concurrent) Flex license when you are remoting in to your machine.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Do you use the styler version of editor? I find that I use our copy of styler and if I open a topic from the map it opens it in editor. Which uses up a locked version of styler and a floating editor.

Bryon

Arbortext versions 6.0 and higher use the Flex licensing mechanism. Node-locked (fixed) Flex licenses cannot be used with remote desktop connections. Therefore, your application is looking for and using a floating (concurrent) Flex license when you are remoting in to your machine.

Top Tags