cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Report Management: Latest Version/Iteration

Darquise
11-Garnet

Report Management: Latest Version/Iteration

I'm building a report via Report Management. For my results I only want the most up-to-date document and display it version and iteration. Right now the way my query works is that I get the latest versions with it's latest iteration. Example: document.xml A.11 and B3. I just want B.3. Make sense?

In my Query Builder I have:

Document.Version (versionDisplayIdentifier)

Document.Latest Iteration

I searched through discussion but couldn't find the answer. It was mostly sql queries (or something like that).

Your help is appreciated

Thank you, Darquise.

4 REPLIES 4

The functionality is not available OOTB in Report Builder, but you can filter out "non-latest" versions using a custom xsl for the report.

We have Windchil Business Author - would I be able to do it with that? Note: I just haven't started using it yet!

Yes, you should be able to filter out data with Cognos too. Actually, Cognos is quite a flexible and powerful tool. It takes a while to get familiar with it, but it surely pays off in the end, if you ask me.

Feel free to ask additional question if you decide to go the Cognos way - I haven't built any reports in it for a while, but still remember a trick or two from the old days

PS We're actually in the wrong Community, so I'd suggest to contact moderators to move the discussion to the Windchill one, where you could probably get more feedback.

I definitely want to start using Cognos. My first issue is trying to import my queries from Query builder into Cognos Business Report. It's not seeing my queries.

How do I contact the moderator to change the community?

Thanks for your assistance.

Top Tags