cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Restoring a File

rschoen
1-Newbie

Restoring a File

Hi,

If one of our XML files, 123456.xml, contains change-tracking markup, we write a copy of the file, 123456.xml.redline, and then accept all of the changes to the file before further processing and placing the file in a watch folder to be picked up by our typesetting system. After that is done we want to restore the version of the file that contains the change-tracking markup. For many years using the Unix version of Arbortext Editor (or its predecessors), we would copy 123456.xml.redline to 123456.xml and the edit -current to open the file with change-tracking in the open editing window. Now that we have switched to Windows (running v6.1 M010), after issuing the edit -current command, the file (123456.xml) does not display the change-tracking markup. However, if I open 123456.xml in an ASCII text editor, I do see the change-tracking markup in the file. In order for the change-tracking markup to be visible again, I have to completely exit and re-start Arbortext Editor and re-open 123456.xml. Does anyone know of way to get the restored version to display without having to exit Arbortext Editor?
0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags